New Member Program
The New Member Experience is based on Tri Sigma’s mission, vision and values. Our mission statement, the tenets for our existence, is to establish among its members a perpetual bond of friendship, to develop in them strong womanly character, and impress upon them high standards of conduct. We strive to achieve this by providing exceptional experiences that empower our members to change the world. The new member program is grounded in these tenets. Here is an overview.
- The ideal new member program is 6-8 weeks; however, it will never exceed 8 weeks.
- The program is designed to educate them on history, our values, operations and developing leadership and academic success skills.
- During those weeks, new members will be guided through nine online sessions that have complimentary in person group meetings.
- New members will receive a mentor (big sister) during her new member program who will support her not only in her new member education but getting to know members and acclimated with member responsibilities.
- New members will also have responsibilities which mirror those of the initiated members. This can include study hours, participation requirements, dues, holding leadership positions and most importantly upholding the standards of the Sorority.
Questions about the new member experience? Contact the chapter Vice President of New Member Education.
Hi everyone, my name is Katelyn Evans and I am the Vice President of New Members. After you receive your bid on Bid Day, your new member journey starts. The new member journey takes you through Tri Sigma’s history, values, and how to be the best sister that you can be. This journey ends when you are initiated into the chapter. Each week we will meet to talk about different topics that deal with Tri Sigma along with getting to know each other by doing fun activities. You will also receive a Big Sister during this orientation time. A big sister is someone who will encourage, support, and empower you throughout your years as a Tri Sigma. I am excited to get to walk with each and every one of you through this process and share my love for Tri Sigma!